NAWIC - Las Vegas has a industry partnering with the local chapter of the Associated General Contractors and affiliations with the Framing Contractors Association, the American Society of Professional Estimators, Community Assoications Management Executive Officers, Inc. and the Surety Association of Nevada.
Associated General Contractors
||Established in 1918, the Associated General Contractors of America is the oldest, largest and most respected construction trade association in the United States. With more than 100 chapters nationwide representing more than 33,000 general and specialty contractors, suppliers, equipment manufacturers and professional service providers, AGC is the voice of the commercial, industrial, heavy/highway and underground construction industry|
| Neither anti-union nor pro-union, AGC is pro-employer. It is a full-service association providing profit-building services that would be either too costly or unavailable to contractors on an individual basis. AGC's line of services and member benefits are the most extensive in the industry. |
AGC members exemplify skill, integrity and responsibility, and the association mirrors these qualities through the range, scope and quality of services it provides.
American Society of Professional Estimators
||The American Society of Professional Estimators began in1956. What started with fewer than 20 members in the Los Angeles area can boast today of thousands of members in chapters from border to border. |
ASPE was created with dedication and commitment to the idea of providing its members with tangible benefits:
- A professional society which promotes the highest standards and ethics in the practice of construction estimating.
- Continuing education through seminars and lectures on construction-related topics.
- Our magazine, Estimating Today, and local chapter newsletters carry technical, industry-related and other pertinent articles for the professional estimator.
- An opportunity to become recognized as a Certified Professional Estimator (CPE) through the completion of our training and testing program.
- A means of personally communicating with fellow professionals on a monthly and annual basis, providing an opportunity to exchange information and gain professional recognition for yourself and your company.
Framing Contractors Association
||The Framing Contractors Association was formed in 1996 by a handful of framing contractors dedicated to the aforementioned mission. In 1999, the FCA decided to join the Associated General Contractors as an affiliate association, to better serve|
|the needs of its members. This arrangement not only allowed FCA members its autonomy to stay focused on its trade specific issues, but also simultaneously provided the backing of the oldest and largest construction industry association in the United States. |
Other direct benefits to FCA members include industry news via bulk mail, Construction Connection magazine and website postings, seminars and luncheon speakers, business development opportunities, social events, health and safety programs, insurance programs, standard forms and contracts, well-attended committee meetings, an annual membership directory and an annual report for only a fraction more in membership dues.
Surety Association of Nevada
||The National Surety Association of America promotes education and promotion of the surety industry. The local chapter began in 1999 and its goal is to grow its local membership.|
Surety association members accrue certain benefits:
- Continuing education credits offered once a year, based on surety related subjects.
- Working with local municipalities as well as state agencies on the promotion of suretyship.
- Working actively to keep abreast of all new state statutes that affect suretyship as well as working to change some the current statutes to the benefit of all insurance carriers in the state.
Community Association Management Executive Officers, Inc
is an organization for owners or executive officers of community association management companies doing business in Nevada. We are the only non-profit association focused solely on improving business conditions for the community management industry. Business partners/contractors are also welcome to join.
Through the leadership and expertise of its member/directors, CAMEO offers: :
Ø A forum for communication
Ø Network of business partners providing services to the community management industry
Ø High quality continuing education classes that are free for member company managers; and
Ø A political voice at the state legislature and regulatory commissions focused on the business of managing common-interest communities